Monday, October 27, 2008

KC and the Great Pumpkin

Over the last month or so Vieve an I have been going to amazing places every weekend. This last weekend we decided to take it easy and be lazy bums. On friday we rented Zohan and I ate one of my favorite new sandwiches, the chicken bacon ranch from Dominos. Vieve decided that she would make her french onion soup for the second time that week. We both ended up very satisfied.
On Saturday, I watched a good amount of college football. At one point I was listening to the BYU game through online KSL radio and watching another game that was muted on the tv but I usually do that every saturday. We decided that we weren't going to be totally lazy and went and got some pumpkins to carve. When we got to the store we found that all of the good ones had been taken (or were gay ). We were left with the dirty runts to express our creativity and I think we did well with what we were given. When we got home Vieve decided what she was going to do fairly quickly and was almost done with part one of her pumpkin before I had even decided what I was going to do. She decided that she was not satisfied with the final result and turned the pumpkin around and started a new carving- Part two. Personally, I think that both turned out well, but she needs to learn some patience and not hurry through the process. After struggling with coming up with a good idea, I resulted back to what I am known for. A carving of a nice huge very detailed.................................. Utah drum and feather logo. I decided that I was going to eyeball it and do my best to make it look normal. After about 5 hours of slow meticulous detail carving I had finished at around 1 in the morning. I must say that I did a pretty good job and it is by far my best pumpkin ever. I did however, sacrifice my back after hunching over for such a long time. Anyway, even though we didn't go anywhere it still was an awesome weekend.
I have begun.

The finished product.


Mine and Vieve's Pumpkins together.

Nice pretty display.

3 comments:

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

KC-I'm learning all these hidden talents about you! What a Pumkin! I truly, genuinely impressed! We weren't even going to carve pumkins this year but you both have inspired me...so I will!
Mine NEVER turn out that good though.
It's good that you had a low key weekend. You both needed some rest. Keep us posted on all the fun adventures and....WHERE ARE THE BOSTON PICTURES??????????

The Garners said...

That pumpkin is sooooooo you Kase!! The whole negative space thing just reminds me of all of the black and white projects of basket ball dudes. (Or Simpsons characters)

How long will a skinless pumpkin last, anyway?? And do you see a similarity to the fact that the Utes and the feather are Native American symbols....and you skinned that pumpkin? Do you hate Indians? I'm so telling!! You are a pumpkin racist.

Hilary Cavanaugh said...

Holy shit! (Pardon my french).

That is one freaking awesome pumpkin. We watched a pumpkin carving competition on the food network last weekend, and I think yours could have made for some good competition. Those are fantastic.